Saturday, February 13, 2010

Food for thought...

The other night while out shopping with some gal pals, one of them shared a quote she had recently heard. Throughout the night I tossed and turned pondering it. It's especially pertinent to me as I am such a planner and organizer. So concrete in my thinking, weighing out all the pros and cons. Very seldomly trusting, leaping and simply obeying. Here's the quote:

"Obedience (to Christ) always trumps the worst-case scenario."

To me this said that simple obedience to Christ should always win out over my personal fears and/or perfectionistic tendencies that want to organize and control everything. Just obey...the details will be worked out...

Just food for thought this Saturday morning! Blessings!

1 comment:

Kim said...

AMEN! That a girl. And I, too, am so much like that! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.