Sunday, November 22, 2009

Portland Children's Museum

On Saturday Ryan and I took the kiddos to the Portland Children's Museum. The kiddos had tons of fun and got some wiggles out! It was so nice that Ryan could come with us (his first time to the museum) because he seems to have so much more enthusiasm than I these days! I get kind of tired of the same old things we do day after day, so Ryan offers a breath of fresh air. While we had a great time, I realized some things that really bug me:

1. People that don't use soap when they wash their hands (especially after the bathroom or diaper changes)-- GROSS!
2. Parents that don't use the word OBEY and expect their children to do it! It seems that a good chunk of America thinks this will damage a child's psyche. We saw several kiddos being outright rude or disrespectful to their parents and receiving little to no correction.
3. Mean kids (I don't know if it is the kiddo or the parent who is paying no attention that bugs me more).
We really did have a great time! We love it there. I didn't mean my little list to be negative, but rather sort of humorous as I state the obvious. Blessings!
Mason in the Clifford exhibit
Logan, Mason and Mya on the play stage with the drums
Mya sort of gets that 'deer in the headlights' look when there is a lot of new stuff going on. She just sort of takes it all in.

Logan got so wet at the 'water play area'
Hello down there!

1 comment:

Coleson & Tate said...

agreed!!! on all accounts! (down to the daddy being like fresh air!!)