Friday, December 5, 2008

Souper Soiree'

Yesterday I spent a good portion of the day making soup. I had ham to use up so I made a big pot of navy bean soup...and I was going to a soup exchange later that night (more about that later) so I was making a double batch of taco soup. I only have one really big kettle so I did a lot of rotating and washing. Needless to say, I will make it a priority to beef up my kettle collection. It will also become priority to get a DECENT CAN OPENER. Ours is junk, but it is just one of those things you don't think of when you are at Macy's or Target. So, as I was trying to get the lid off the tomato sauce (it stayed attached at three little spots) it exploded ALL OVER THE KITCHEN. Then naturally my darling little Mason hustles to the largest puddle on the floor and rolls in it like a beached whale (fortunately for me he was only wearing a diaper). I wish you could have seen him trying to get to the tomato sauce before I stopped him. He looked like he was doing the breast stroke on land. It was absolutely hilarious! All's well that ends well: All soup was made and the kitchen got cleaned up.

Back to the souper soiree'. Some girls from BSF had a soup party/exchange. We all came, ate, visited and traded soups. There was nothing to buy or do....just enjoy good company and share recipes. It was a good time and so nice to feel like a girl...not just a mom. What a day!

2 comments:

Coleson & Tate said...

Too bad! This is the can opener we have...seems pricey but it's awesome! I have yet to have stuck spots on the can lid! We registered for it for our wedding from Sur La Table in Seattle but I googled it and there are lots of sites... anyway, just thought I would share :) http://kuhnrikon.com/products/tools/tools.php3?id=206#buy

Robyn said...

Tara, it's so good to catch up with you, even though it's just over the world wide web. It's nice to feel like part of your world again! I am amazed that you have three babies... but if anyone can handle it with grace I'm sure it's you. I think God made you to be a mommy!