Sunday, August 1, 2010

Seriously! Who does that?

Today was a crazy day.  We had two 'teeth incidents' in our home today!

The day started out  in a relatively normal fashion until I heard my middle child (by only 6 minutes) cry out a SCREAM that any mama recognizes as 'a scream that may require medical attention'.  I know you know the scream.  The one that sends you running like a track star in socks on a slippery floor.  Truth be told, I really didn't even want to know what happened because....well, I didn't have the energy for it (and daddy was home...I figured it was his turn).  As Ryan called for me to come help him (which is never a good sign), I saw Mason holding his mouth.  He was running, tripped and had fallen into the coffee table.   One of his front teeth had found a new home, or position, I suppose.  His tooth now sat sort of sideways and his gum was bulging and white.  I was definitely worried about his little tooth, but I also knew that we had to get to my grandma's 80th birthday party in Eugene and I didn't think there was much we could do for him today (on Sunday) ,so we gave him so Motrin and continued getting everybody ready. 

After an hour  or so of cuddling and some reading, Mason was ready to play while I finished getting ready.  (Boy am I lucky we started getting ready rather early today...a rarity in all honesty) .  I kid you not, about 20 minutes later I hear another SCREAM (that same scream that indicates a potential need for medical attention) from my adventurous middle child.  He had fallen off a toy car and landed smack dab on his mouth.  This time blood was going everywhere and his mouth was swollen like a monkey.  That same sideways tooth was now a very loose sideways tooth AND the tooth next to it had some wiggle to it too. What are the odds?  Seriously, who does that?

 Needless to say, we will be getting to the dentist bright and early tomorrow morning.  With the help of Motrin (can I get an Amen?) and a car ride full of new videos and soft snacks, we did indeed make it to my Grandma's 80th birthday party.  Praise the Lord!

Those of you who spend much time with us know that Mason is an adventurous soul with a mischevious spirit and strong will.  I have a feeling he will be our kiddo who demonstrates great leadership potential, but as a two-and-a-half year old he is an accident looking for a place to happen. I pray for his safety in the upcoming years (seriously).

Wish us luck tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mike and Mindy Roth said...

Oh dear! Poor guy.
I love your writings. The way you describe things always makes me laugh!

Angela said...

Oh boy!!! Thats quite a day! I hope eveything went well today!