Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oregon Garden Fall Festival



Today was the big Fall festival at the Oregon Garden. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time except for the fact that Mason and Mya were still sick thus unable to go with us. Nana (Ryan's mom) was kind enough to stay home with them for a couple of hours so Ryan and I could still take Logan. Logan ran around like crazy in his costume, had a balloon hat made, ate kettle corn, decorated a treat bag, launched pumpkins, went on a hay ride, and navigated through a corn maze. Logan had a great time and the scenery was gorgeous to boot! Of all the beautiful fall sights and activites Logan's favorite part of the festival seemed to be driving the cheap toy cars he got as prizes around in the dirt. Finally Ryan and I had to sort of hide the cars so he would enjoy some of the other happenings. What a gorgeous fall day...
I couldn't stop my mind from drifting back to last year at this same Fall Festival. Ryan and I took little Logan who was only 19 months old and he wore the cutest little monkey costume. While Ryan and Logan took in the sights, I waddled around looking for any pumpkin to rest my weary bumpkin on. I was 6 months pregnant with Mason and Mya and was already uncomfortable. I recall telling countless people that I was not about ready to pop but rather I was 6 months pregnant with twins. They would look at little Logan and say something to the effect of, " Oh my, I'm sure glad it's you and not me" , or "Next year at this time you will be a very busy lady." My mind wondered in anticipation and nervousness of Mason and Mya's arrival. Where does the time go from year to year? What a blessing to watch my babies grow.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I am so sorry your babies are sick. I bet Logan loved getting the both of you to himeself! Looks like a fun time!

Anonymous said...

OK crazy lady, I am all caught up on your blog. It's very cute and I love Logan's costume. Well worth all your trouble. I like when you have to travel to Clackamas. We get to talk on the phone without interruptions.:)