Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Random thoughts on fall...

Despite my hiatus (I love that word) from blogging, our lives have marched on. The kiddos are growing and we have just been enjoying our final summer days and are looking forward to the order and structure that fall brings. I also love the fall weather. I love the sound of crunching leaves and the smell of clean, brisk air. I love the rain soaked windows that give me permission to curl up in a blanket and watch a movie with the kiddos. I love the smell of vanilla spice candles that permiate the house with that 'fall smell'. I especially love making hearty soups for dinner...the ones that just don't sound good in August. I love wearing scarves (even if they are just for decoration) and getting a pumpkin spice latte'. Fall also means my beloved hubby is around a lot more. We can eat dinner together and I don't have to give the kids baths by myself every night. The crazy summer reminds me how grateful I am for the slower pace of fall.....A chance to slow down, be thankful and just take time to be.....

1 comment:

christy said...

I agree with all of that. Especially the excuse to snuggle up inside and watch a movie. Love that.

I am also excited for the pumpkin patch! Case will be old enough to "get it" this year. :)