Thursday, September 10, 2009

School Debut...

Today was Logan's first day of pre-school. He turned 3 in March and we opted to enroll him in 3 year old pre-school. We were torn, but really excited for him to have some fun, educational things to look forward to. We also wanted to give him the opportunity to make friends with some more little boys. Honestly...almost ALL my girlfriends have girls, so Logan primarily has girls (or grills as he would say) for friends. 3 year old pre-school is twice a week for three hours. Nothing too overwhelming but just enough...He was really excited about his new backpack, snacks and lunch box. When we picked him up we had balloons in the back of the van and a special cake for him after lunch. It was a special day with Logan's school debut! I have to admit I am second-guessing our decision to start pre-school this year...I will update you if anything changes! Blessings!

2 comments:

Mike and Mindy Roth said...

I was torn as well about the whole preschool topic. Being part of MOMS Club, Jaycoby is definitely socialized (and we were lucky enough to get into a playgroup of all boys- prior to that all his friends were girls) but he asks about school a lot. We ended up settling on Titan Tots at West Salem High School. It doesn't start until October, so I don't have to give him up for too much at first (semesters are Oct-Dec and Mar-Jun). I am really back and forth about if it's the right decision, but I will not hesitate to pull him out if the teachers think he's not quite ready. His dad is having a harder time than me, I think ;-). Know that you are not alone!!!

Coleson & Tate said...

darling pic of you and Logan. I hope you come to peace with your decision...tough one!