Monday, February 2, 2009

Prayers for our sleeping babies...




At night I find myself laying in bed praying for my children. Sometimes moved to the point that I get up out of bed to pray over them while they sleep. I cry out to God on their behalf, for all sorts of things from their protection and health to their character. I pray that God would give Ryan and I wisdom for the day for our kiddos. I pray that we would have a listening ear to the Spirit regarding our children. That He would reveal to us how we can better train our children and teach them to follow Him. That we would always be attentive to how God might be working in their lives. That the training our children receive in our home would prepare them to follow the Lord and be obedient to His commands. I also find myself praying for the Spirit's intercession in my prayers. I know that I fall short, I am lippy and imperfect. I need the Spirit to interceed on behalf of my children. I need to come before the Lord on behalf of my children. May our precious, sleeping angels walk near to the Lord and grow in wisdom, stature and favor with God and man.

No comments: