Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Birthday Preparations!

Logan and I made cupcakes last night for his birthday TODAY! He helped pour, mix, frost, decorate...the whole 9 yards. He was so excited to decorate his SPECIAL cupcake...the one he would eat on his birthday morning. He paid careful attention to all the details of his cupcake. He wanted the frosting a certain way and his sprinkles in just the right places. Once completed, we placed it on it's own plate on the counter until I finished the other cupcakes. As Ryan tucked Logan in (Mason and Mya were still awake due to a late nap), I finished frosting and decorating the other cupcakes. When I looked over Mason had climbed Logan's stool and proceeded to destroy Logan's special birthday cupcake. As I shrieked in disbelief, Logan came running out and you could see in his eyes that his whole world had just fallen apart. Logan was crushed and Mason was covered in cupcake. Once we got Mason cleaned up and to bed, I spent some time counseling Logan about the disappointments in life. He was sobbing and begging me to sing him the song. I didn't know what song he was talking about, but between the tears he was pleading with me to sing him the song about Mason eating his cupcake. So like any good mama, I proceeded to make up verse after verse about the unfortunate tragedy. Finally, after THREE full verses...he was willing to go to bed. Needless to say, I will not be leaving Logan's stool by the counter anymore!

No comments: