Monday, April 20, 2009

Birthdays, girlfriends, and a day out!

On Saturday I went to my friend Jen's kiddos' birthday party. Elias turned one and Isaiah turned two. Yes, you heard right! The kiddos are one year and four days apart. She is a wonder-woman. It was a solo mission again because when the sun shines, Ryan is working (bittersweet...glad they are getting things done, bummed I am taking care of the kiddos on my own day after day). It really is good for me to get out of the house and be FORCED to tackle doing stuff with the all three kids by myself.

I couldn't help but reminisce at the party because Jen and I have known each other since our first year of college. We later shared an apartment and came to be great buds....with all the memories that come along with being roomies. I was also 9 months pregnant at Jen's wedding. I flew to Idaho with a couple of other girlfriends toting my GIANT brown bridesmaid dress. In fact, I had to alter it with TONS of extra fabric (and my feet would no longer fit in shoes). I felt like a giant Hershey kiss, but I loved standing with her at her wedding. Years later, I am at her sons' birthday party. How special is it that God allows us to walk through life with our friends and share history, memories and special occasions. I love girlfriends! (Have I ever mentioned that before???? )

No comments: