Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The memory keeper--

I have to take a minute to tell you how blessed I have been to be able to scrapbook lately. I am making it an effort to spend at least 30 minutes or so (after the kids go to bed) to catch up our scrapbooks. I am scrapbooking digitally, so I can get it out when I have time and close her down (with no mess) when I need to. It has been an amazing blessing. In BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) this year we have been studying the life of Moses. I was so amazed over and over that the Lord kept telling Moses and the Israellites to keep a record of what God was doing (save a piece of manna in a jar to tell the future generations of God's faithfulness, keep a written record, build an alter). I felt really called to be a memory keeper for my family so my kids would have a written account of the amazing way God worked in their lives and in the lives of our family. I finished up Logan's first year, had it printed and was so excited to get it in the mail. As I sat down with Logan to read it to him, his eyes filled with tears. He was so excited to see himself as a baby with the people he loves now. He said, "that's me and my papa, let's do it again sometime" (about Maui) and , "look my uncle Tony holds baby Logan" (at the hospital when he was born). He honestly wept tears of joy at the sight of himself with his family. What an amazing gift I can give our kiddos to record and teach them that God created them with a purpose in mind, gave them a family that loves, adores and supports them, and show them the many ways God provided for them and protected them when all mommy and daddy could do was ask God to be their protector. I feel honored to be the memory keeper for my children and to point them to the goodness and faithfulness of God! In addition, they love the whole digital thing because when it is printed it is like a real hardbound picture book...Logan thinks everyone has a "gogan book"!

2 comments:

the Skips said...

they are so blessed to have you!

Melissa said...

Writing is such a powerful tool. Keep it up lady! (If you are ever interested, I have a scrapbook that our Great-Aunt Annabelle kept in the younger years of her life. It is filled with letters from Uncle Emmett. I'd love to show it to you and Ryan).