Saturday, January 17, 2009

With hands lifted high...

Tonight Ryan, Logan and I went to Saturday night service at Salem Alliance. I think it might be the answer to our prayers. Why? Since Mason and Mya were born we have been really struggling with attending church. Both the babies get sick VERY easily and Mason takes medicine (4-5 times per day) that Mya is highly allergic to. If his medicine is mistakenly given to Mya, she will have a seizure like reaction(nuerological reaction). Anyhoo...basically we haven't found anywhere we can really leave the babies so I could go into church service with Ryan. On top of that, Logan cries until he throws up when we leave him most anywhere (besides his grandmas houses and now BSF...wooohoooo). So a typical Sunday consisted of Ryan staying in a class with Logan, me sitting in the nursery with the babies and then all the kids being sick the next week. As you could imagine that got old quickly so we started attending church service less and less frequently. All that to say that Salem Alliance has a Saturday night service....my mom is willing to watch the babies at our house (until we get past some of these issues), Logan loves his class and even knew some of the kids (no tears....CRAZY), and Ryan and I can focus and worship without rushing out of the service every 5 minutes. Last week it dawned on me that Logan really hasn't ever experienced a large corporate worship setting. Since Logan has been born we have attended a very small church in Silverton, so I thought it might be good for him to stay with us during worship tonight. I glanced over at him and he had his arms lifted up to the Lord--okay, so he was copying the worship leader but it filled my heart with joy and anticipation. I long for the day when my children know, love and serve the Lord with their whole heart. There is no greater joy for this mama than to trust and believe that my children will someday walk closely with the KING!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Tara I love your heart, and I can just see Logan with those little hands raised. Precious!

Coleson & Tate said...

So glad you found a place! That is so important!! Coleson sits with us in the service and attends a sunday school while we do, too. He does really well with sitting and learning to participate. It's such a blessing to see them learn! He knows when we pray and sing and participates in both. Anyhow... so glad you can now have family worship! Awesome!

(and yay for no more tears...we went through that a bit ago,like 12 months to 15 months but then it ended, thankfully!)