Thursday, May 21, 2009

Liberation!

I have felt so liberated lately; almost as though I am a captive set free. Oftentimes I have felt as though I am held captive, unable to get out with my kiddos in a way that is constructive for all parties. My newfound feeling of freedom stems from a combination of many factors including (but not limited to) the fact that Mya doesn't currently have any therapies in Portland, the weather has been beautiful, I got a new stroller that I LOVE (& can get around in many, if not all locations), and the babies are finally getting old enough to skip naps and eat food on-the-go. I have definately been feeling 'cooped up' over the last year or so, but finally I am back on the go! Hallelujah...I love it. It is a real boost to the mental health of all involved! Today the kids and I went to the mall (without help!) to get their outfits for 4th of July pics, played with Addi and Lilly at their place (Rachel got some darling pics of Addi and Logan in the hammock...coming soon), we came home to play outside, had dinner, and Logan and I headed out for his music class. I love the feeling of being out-and-about! I included the kids' scrapbook pages of them playing outside today.

Thank you Lord for my precious babies that have required oodles of special attention, but thank you also that seasons of life are just that...seasons. Thank you for the sunshine, new strollers and the ability to get out-and-about. What a gracious God whose mercies really are new every morning!

Nothing new--Logan driving his tractor. He does the EVERY SINGLE DAY! (not kidding...it's like it's in his blood or something...)

Mason tries so hard to ride the tractor. The problem being that when he tries to climb on he steps on the accelerator, launching him onto the grass. It is actually pretty funny to watch. It kind of looks like he is riding a bucking bronco.
Mya, in her sunhat....casually watches the boys play as she picks grass! It is the cutest thing ever. She is such an observer.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

First of all, I must say that the picture of Mason getting up on the tractor with a binki in his mouth is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!

I'm so glad that you have been able to get out. Yes, it truly is liberating.

Take care, friend. :)