Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mason's big day!

Tomorrow is Mason's big day at Doernbecher Children's Hospital. He is having an endoscopy, which they consider surgery because he will be under general anesthesia. They will be gathering more information about his asperating, spitting up, pneumonia...and the like. We have to check in at 6:00 AM (I know, I gasped when they told me the time) and Mason has to fast (not eat) before the procedure. Needless to say this is not going to be a barrel of laughs. Mason is a semi-grumpy kid (nevertheless adorably cute) even when he is fed, rested and doing something he enjoys. He just isn't a 'go-with-the-flow' kid. So I am expecting tomorrow to bring its own difficulties and trials. Logan and Mya will be staying the night with grammy (my mom) so that is two less people to worry about. Mason will get to come home tomorrow sometime so I will let you all know how it goes. Who am I kidding? I'm sure I will be blogging from the waiting room. These are the anticipations of tomorrow! If it crosses your mind, send out a prayer on Mason's behalf. We are praying for God's healing hand on his body and wisdom for the doctors so we can put this difficulty to rest.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are all in my heart. Blessings to little Mason (and all of you, of course). :)

Liz Schaecher said...

Andy and I hope everything goes great for Mason (and you and Ryan!)! We'll be praying for you!